All Fourth Estate members and industry leaders are invited and encouraged to submit education session proposals for the various types of programs that the Fourth Estate offers throughout the year.
Please feel free to forward to non-member industry experts who you feel would be good presenter options for our various educational programs.
Click Here to submit your proposal
About our audience
The Fourth Estate’s individual membership demographic represents journalism professionals of all levels, students, educators as well consumers of news and journalism. Our organizational constituencies include journalism organizations, other associations, as well as companies that provide a products or services to the journalism community.
What you need to know
- Preference will be given to active Fourth Estate member.
- There are a limited number of presentation slots; not all submissions will be selected.
- The Fourth provides a basic AV set-up for each session including the following: screen, projector, laptop and microphones. If any additional AV is required for the presentation, this must be discussed with ISAE staff at time of submission.
- All presenters are expected to par
- If a PowerPoint presentation or handouts are to be used, the Fourth Estate must receive a copy prior to the event.
All events are being planned globally. Seminars/workshops are 2–4 hours in length. Interactive session formats are preferred.
Fourth Estate Webinars
Webinars can be presented from anywhere with a reliable Internet connection. Speakers must be familiar with presenting engaging webinars and incorporate interactive elements like polls and media into their presentations.
*All presenters are to avoid commercialism and self-promotion in their sessions
The 2018 Journalism Summit is being planned for Sept 28th–30th in Boston, MA, USA. Here are the details:
- Keynote Sessions Speak to all summit attendees at once. Keynote sessions are 60 minutes in length.
- Deep Dives These two-hour, in-depth sessions focus on specific topics. Audience interaction is a must and attendees need to reach a specific goal by the end (complete a worksheet, etc.).
- Breakout Sessions Breakout sessions are 45 minutes long.
Please note: Interactive session formats are preferred. Presenters are required to register for the convention. Please provide speaker fees as part of your initial proposal.