Student Membership in the Fourth Estate identifies you as an aspiring journalist who is serious about the profession as well as purposeful about staying informed, educated and involved.
The Benefits of a Student Member in the Fourth Estate
In addition to the satisfaction of supporting a growing public benefit organization committed to fostering, supporting and incubating a sustainable and vibrant free press, student members receive a suite of valuable benefits:
- Complimentary member ticket to the annual Journalism unConference.
- Free personal website hosting from Scoop.Host.
- Free and/or discounted journalism awards entry.
- Access to future meetings and events.
- Members only perks and discounts.
- Career development/leadership and networking opportunities.
- Free resume postings/classifieds.
- Access to future workshops and training.
- Fourth Estate membership card and certificate.
- Use of Member of the Fourth Estate logos.
- Support of public service journalism advocacy initiatives.
- More great benefits and discounts coming.
Student membership in the Fourth Estate is open to individuals who are enrolled full-time in undergraduate or graduate journalism programs; or work at on campus publications, broadcast outlets or news internet sites; or who otherwise intern or work part-time for qualified news outlets.
Fourth Estate student membership is cost effective: $5-25. Membership dues vary by country and are based on a global tiered World Bank “fair pricing” policy for every country around the world. Membership dues are not transferable or refundable.
Become a Student Member today – here’s how:
All applications submitted will be reviewed by the Fourth Estate’s membership committee or their designee to ensure eligibility. Please anticipate a one week review period from the date of your member submission for the committee/designee to complete the decision making process. If you are denied journalist membership you will receive a refund of dues paid.