A Journalist membership in the Fourth Estate makes a powerful statement and demonstrates your commitment to the highest standards of journalistic integrity and ethics.
Membership identifies you as a professional journalist who is serious about the profession as well as purposeful about staying informed, educated and involved.
The Benefits of a Journalist Membership in the Fourth Estate
In addition to the satisfaction of supporting a growing public benefit organization committed to fostering, supporting and incubating a sustainable and vibrant free press, Journalist members receive a suite of valuable benefits:
- Complimentary member ticket to the annual Journalism unConference.
- Free personal website hosting from Scoop.Host.
- Free and/or discounted journalism awards entry.
- Members only perks and discounts.
- Access to future meetings and events.
- Career development/leadership and networking opportunities.
- Free resume postings/classifieds.
- Access to future workshops and training.
- Fourth Estate membership card and certificate.
- Use of Member of the Fourth Estate logos.
- Support of public service journalism advocacy initiatives.
- More great benefits and discounts coming.
Journalist membership in the Fourth Estate is open to: reporters, editors, writers, publishers; editorial and news cartoonists or artists; photojournalists or videographers; producers, presidents or general managers; librarians, or other editorial employees of a news organization that exists primarily for the dissemination of the news.
Fourth Estate membership is cost effective: $35-95. Membership dues vary by country and are based on a global tiered World Bank “fair pricing” policy for every country around the world. Membership dues are not transferable or refundable.
Become a Journalist Member today – here’s how:
All applications submitted will be reviewed by the Fourth Estate’s membership committee or their designee to ensure eligibility. Please anticipate a one week review period from the date of your member submission for the committee/designee to complete the decision making process. If you are denied journalist membership you will receive a refund of dues paid.