A consumer membership in the Fourth Estate makes a powerful statement and demonstrates your commitment as someone who is serious about the vital role that journalism plays in healthy societies.
The Benefits of a Consumer Membership in the Fourth Estate
In addition to the satisfaction of supporting a growing public benefit organization committed to fostering, supporting and incubating a sustainable and vibrant free press, journalism consumer members receive many valuable benefits:
- Complimentary member ticket to the annual Journalism unConference.
- Free personal website hosting from Scoop.Host.
- Access to future meetings and events.
- Members only perks and discounts.
- Fourth Estate membership card and certificate.
- Use of Member of the Fourth Estate logos.
- Support of public service journalism advocacy initiatives.
- More great benefits and discounts coming.
Journalism consumer membership in the Fourth Estate is open to individuals who are consumers of news and journalism and are not eligible for any other membership category.
Fourth Estate journalism consumer membership is cost effective: $5-40. Consumer membership dues vary by country and are based on a global tiered World Bank “fair pricing” policy for every country around the world. Membership dues are not transferable or refundable.
Become a Consumer Member of the Fourth Estate – here’s how:
All applications submitted will be reviewed by the Fourth Estate’s membership committee or their designee to ensure eligibility. Please anticipate a one week review period from the date of your member submission for the committee/designee to complete the decision making process. If you are denied academic membership you will receive a refund of dues paid.